Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Listening

Have you ever had that feeling that something was about to happen?  I have.  Sometimes it was eerily accurate.  Once my boyfriend asked me to turn off the kitchen lights, and for some reason I replied "I can't or they will blow up".  Even while I was saying it, I felt like the words were not mine.  Of course he said "what?", and I shook my head, leaned over turned the light out, and all four bulbs blew.  We were cleaning that fine light bulb glass up for over a month.  Another time, I woke up in the middle of the night and told my boyfriend that someone had stolen his truck.  He went to see, and it was there.  We had spent the day detailing it and that is why I thought that I had the dream.  When he left to go to work the next day, the truck was gone. 
I have had several other times of getting that "feeling" or even a vivid dream that comes true (usually there is a particular color that stands out in the dream).  It would seem to me that it must be some sort of sensory perception.  I am sure that there have been countless studies on the subject as well as just as many skeptics.  All I know is that when it does happen, it tends to never be a good thing. 
So the only reason I bring it up, as you may have already guessed, is that I got the feeling something is going to happen.  No clue what it is yet, but let me put it this way, I am listening to my instincts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment